Dairy and beef producers can now give newborn calves an extra boost of energy with PushTM. Push is a blend of highly digestible proteins and energy components developed to help calves overcome stress and disease challenges. The globulin proteins and high energy components included in Push help cleanse a calf's intestinal tract and energize the immune system. Click here for Q/A.
Push was originally developed for newborn calves but can be a valuable energy source in many situations where calves face stress or disease challenges. Push can be useful any time a calf is:
- Recovering from disease or infection.
- Not consuming adequate feed and acting lethargic.
- Transported over some distance, has become less alert or seems depressed.
- Scouring, not eating and losing weight. In this situation an electrolyte, such as NuLife® Oral Electrolytes, that aids in controlling the fluid balance within the calf should also be administered.
- Not consuming colostrum, or quality colostrum, immediately following birth.
The recommended dosage rate is one tube (30cc) of Push. If needed, a second tube can be given to the calf 12 hours later.
To buy now...talk to your DHI Field Technician or AgSource Representative or call (800) 236-4995 for more information on these products or other services offered by AgSource.