Benefits of Soil Testing
*** Introducing AgSource's Soil Health Assessment!
This new report combines the chemical and physical tests of traditional soil testing with biological assessments of microbial activity to provide a measure of the quality of the soil.
Click here for more information or contact your local sales representative.
Order supplies today from your local AgSource Laboratories location or call Chris Ibsen, to discuss your soil testing needs 402-476-8181.
Growers should use soil testing as a management tool for making scientifically sound management decisions about their soil fertility program. A fertility management program based on information from soil test results can benefits the farmer in many ways.
- Improved yields and profitability from providing needed nutrients for the crop.
- Opportunity to increase the uniformity of nutrient availability across a field, so that optimum response to other management inputs can be achieved.
- More uniform crop growth which makes the individual plants more competitive with weeds and simplifies other management practices such as cultivation, spraying, etc.
- More uniform maturing dates for all plants within a field simplifies harvesting and drying of the crops, and potentially improves market quality.
- Fertilizer dollars can be allocated to the nutrients that will give the greatest increase in profit. With intensive sampling and variable-rate fertilizer application technology becoming available, there is increased potential for fine tuning fertilizer applications within a field.
Click on a location below to learn more: